Warning signs that our health and fitness approach needs course-correcting:
- Everything orbits around one key person or guru.
- We’ve adopted ideologies over ideas.
- Refusing to challenge our current thinking.
- Thinking that what works for us (ice baths! meditation! pilates! yoga!) is the panacea for everyone.
And then a few of the more obvious ones:
- All kinds of divine community vibes.
- The frequent use of spiritual or religious lexicon.
- Word salads that make zero sense (vibrations, life force, aura, even energy in some instances)
Yep, the health and fitness industry is a magnet for absolute nonsense. But it’s the stuff that kind of makes sense that we often trip over.