Why? We reduced the friction by focusing on short workouts at a convenient location for her: at home.
Besides kettlebells, we’re using equipment she can take when she travels: suspension trainer and resistance bands.
Her main goal when we started was to build a training habit she could stick with. And she’s managed to do just that.
Here are some notes from her that might help you too:
1. Convenience and Flexibility: she appreciates the ability to exercise anywhere, whether at home or while travelling.
2. Privacy: she’s super social, but not when it comes to exercise. Training at home gives her comfort and privacy.
3. Consistency: the workouts adapt to various locations like hotels or Airbnb, ensuring the routine is uninterrupted. Well, most of the time.
4. Missed Workouts: there’s no stress about missing a session as they are all full body and listed in order, preventing the feeling of a broken streak. The next workout you do is the one you see on the list, regardless of whether she’s missed two days or two weeks.
5. Zero guilt-tripping: There’s no emotional abuse (from the tech OR Joonas) for missing a workout, which is crucial for her long-term motivation.
6. Adaptability to Schedule: The workouts fit her schedule without being overwhelming.
Don’t look for the perfect program. Look for the one you can do with your time and resources.
And build from there.