IS THIS YOU?
You love the outdoors. Be it hiking, running, cycling, kayaking, wrestling the angry mountain goats…
You’re busy and don’t have the luxury (or the interest) to spend hours training each day. You want a challenging, but simple and effective “do it anywhere” program that gets you stronger and more resilient to injuries.
Food, friends and family go together for you. You definitely don’t want to follow a strict deprivation diet and suck broccoli florets though a straw. Besides, how good is it to have a glass of pinot?
And let’s be honest, you also want to look better naked. I mean, who doesn’t. Right?
SOUNDS ABOUT RIGHT?
WELL, HEAR ME OUT.
I help outdoor sport enthusiasts get back onto the trails stronger by combining strength and movement training with reasonable lifestyle habits.
I train regular mums, dads, husbands and wives who want to reclaim the confidence in what their body can do. For them a fulfilling, youthful life, regardless of the age, means adventure in the trails, mountains, and on the water.
Not necessarily to compete, but to explore and complete.
Not to rush, but to connect with nature, yourself and the people you love.
I do my best work with clients who are self-motivated learners.
People who are willing to storm through Normandy to reclaim the confidence in what their body can do. Their superpower is not about having a natural born talent. But consistently showing up and doing the work.
Instead of quick temporary fixes, we embrace sustainable progress.
Because you deserve results that last a lifetime.
Role playing Full Metal Jacket bootcamp scenes isn’t what we are into.
Client-centred coaching is like a dance. I will guide you in the right direction. When you struggle (and you will), we will solve it together. Dancing shouldn’t feel like wrestling. I can’t drag you to your goals. We have to move together as a team.
If you are after a trainer who subs as a Satan’s right hand man, my coaching is not for you. This is training to get you stronger, fitter and more resilient than your previous self.
Not about some pseudo-military-bootcamp-I-am-Troy-hold-my-knife bullshit.
“I was battling with an injury that prevented me from doing any running at all. I was able to get back to competing and completed a 100 kilometre race shortly after. The training was essential part for me being successful in my races.”
“Thanks Joonas, you need to take a lot of the credit for keeping my body on the bike to get through the training… the work we did made a massive difference and my body has pulled up really well this week.”
– Kristeen, after 1400km Tour de Cure
Why online coaching might not be right for you
- If you don’t want to follow a training program on your phone and keep a detailed records of your progress.
- If you don’t already trust my approach and coaching. I won’t try to convince you here now.
- If you have a complex injury issues or recent surgeries that require in-person training.
- If you prefer text-message like communication and don’t like to write detailed responses. Because I want our communication to be efficient and effective, my rules for the weekly email are quite anal.
Why Reps and The Rest online coaching could be your jam
- You are already familiar with basic training techniques and exercises.
- You need the convenience to train at a time that suits you the best.
- You are self-motivated to reach your goals.
- You want someone to guide and coach you through the process and help you connect the dots.
“I have started smaller hikes again and snowboarding without any pain in my knees. My overall fitness has improved, I lasted 6-8 days boarding on a recent 10 day snow trip to the US.”
HOW DOES THE ONLINE TRAINING WORK?
We start with a thorough review of your goals, training history and other factors in your life. This is followed by a video consultation call with a movement screen so I can create your training program based on what you need.
You’ll access your individualised program via mobile training app with detailed video instruction included for each exercise. I’ll adjust your program as you progress so you keep seeing results.
|Thrive in the silent sports you love by becoming stronger and more resilient to injuries [4 months minimum commitment]|
|Initial video consultation call with movement screen|
|Individualised strength, movement and conditioning training program*|
|Videos for all the exercises|
|Adjustments to training program and exercise technique based on your results and feedback**|
|AUD $300 / month|
Additional video coaching appointments and live technique checks $100
*using the app you’ll log the results/notes during each workout + have the option to upload a video for weekly technique feedback
Weekly communication guidelines
To make our communication as efficient and effective as possible, there are few simple rules:
- One message a week using the training app
- Each message in bullet points
- Each point has to be a statement or a question
- No more than five sentences per point
- You can write as many points as necessary
- You can message me at any point of the week. I will reply on Friday (AEST)
SOUNDS LIKE YOUR JAM?
HERE’S HOW TO GET STARTED
- Book a video consultation.
- Complete the Strategy Questionnaire in the confirmation email.
- That’s it. Give yourself a high-five for acing in life.
90 Day Improvement Guarantee.
If you are not satisfied with the improvements in the activities you love, I will refund 100% of the money you have invested in my services. No questions asked. And I’ll donate $500 to a cause of your choice. As long as it’s not the Australian Nazi Party. Or any Nazi party for that matter.