Personal trainer, coach, writer.
Helping everyday people who struggle with strength, fitness and confidence after being injured. I preach about a reasonable approach to fitness, and try not to take myself too seriously while doing so.
Sometimes it works.
Articles on how to get stronger, fitter and more confident while balancing health, life and fitness.
I grew up in the freezing Arctic temperatures of Finnish Lapland, which explains my love for black coffee, heavy metal and the eternal search for sunshine. I’ve lived in Sydney, Australia since 2007. For those not quite fluent in the pronunciation of Finnish names, it’s Yoo-nas.
Digging all things movement while preaching the reasonable approach to fitness is my jam, but I get kicks out of other things too:
- Music (anything from GN’R to John Coltrane to Machine Head)
- Playing guitar
- Improv Theater
- Minimalism (my lens for health and fitness too)
- Travelling (33 countries so far, unfortunately none of which start with ‘Z’)
- Anaheim Ducks
- Bruce Willis
- Potatoes, peanut butter and single malts (not necessarily together)
- Reading and learning about awesome things